The elder scroll that predicted the end of the world is also known as the Prophecy of the Dragonborn. It turns out this prophecy predicted each of the major events that occurred in The Elder Scrolls games series; Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and finally Skyrim are all parts of the prophecy leading up to the advent of the Dragonborn.
The prophecy has been transcribed into the ‘The Book of the Dragonborn’.
Is reads as follows:
- When misrule takes its place at the eight corners of the world
- When the Brass Tower walks and Time is reshaped
- When the thrice-blessed fail and the Red Tower trembles
- When the Dragonborn Ruler loses his throne, and the White Tower falls
- When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding
- The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.
In the video below ESO goes through each line of the prophecy and how it relates to each Elder Scrolls game.